Fonte Sala’s history begins more than a century ago, when the forefather of the Montalcini family fell in love with this magical corner of Umbria.
In 1913 Camillo Montalcini bought Fonte Sala: a farm consisting of 12 hectares of cultivated fields, in the municipality of Montefalco. Up until the ’90 the farm remained a small agricultural holding, run by peasants and breeders living in Fonte Sala.
All changed after 1997: Fonte Sala was completely renovated and converted into a tourist residence thanks the constant work and commitment of Francesco.
The renovation works lasted five years and brought the additions of two independent houses from the main building, a garage and a swimming pool.
Today, the activity is carried on by the fourth generation of Montalcini, witnesses of the love and dedication that their ancestors have always had for this land.